Why You Should Share Your Car
Who doesn’t want to make extra cash? Even just a few hundred dollars each month could help you pay bills, enjoy some great restaurant meals, and book more experiences during your travels. Peer-to-peer car sharing, which allows you to rent your car out to others, is emerging as one of the best ways to earn some money on the side.
Keep reading to find out how to make money with a car sharing service and why you should rent out your car.
How Much Money Can You Make Car Sharing?
If you’re a car owner and have been wondering how to generate some additional income, sharing your car through a peer-to-peer car sharing company might be your answer.
How much money you make depends on several factors, including your car’s availability and size. With Avail car sharing, you’ll receive up to $20 per day if you have a van, or a standard or mid-size car. If you own a large SUV, you’ll receive up to $25 per day.
There are other advantages as well. For example, Avail for Airports provides free long-term airport parking along with a car wash. Even if your car isn’t rented while you’re out of town, you come back home to a clean car and no parking fees!
5 Reasons to Rent Your Car Out
Car sharing allows you to earn a passive income easily. Here are some of the benefits of car sharing:
- No investment required. All you need is a car that’s less than 10 years old, has fewer than 125,000 miles, and is free of maintenance issues.
- Minimal disruptions in your workday or routine. With car sharing, your “work” typically involves keeping the interior of your car clean, removing personal items before making it available for rent, and driving it to and from the pickup/drop-off location.
- Car sharing happens on your schedule. If you need your car, you have it. When you aren’t in your car, it’s making money for you.
- Quick Payment. Many peer-to-peer car sharing programs send your payment as soon as the driver has returned your car. Pricing and earnings are transparent, so you’ll know exactly what to expect from a day’s rental.
- Vehicle protection and customer support. When you leave your car with Avail, it’s safe, secure, and monitored at all times of day. You also get Allstate insurance coverage and access to 24/7 customer support.
How to Share Your Car With Avail
If you have an extra car sitting around and are willing to share long-term, Avail Plus may be the best option for you. With Avail Plus, you are guaranteed at least $300 monthly income after enrollment. Interested? Check out all the benefits Avail Plus has to offer.
If you are traveling and need to share you car for shorter durations, go ahead and set up a regular listing. By sharing your car you have opportunities for earnings and at the very least, free parking and a car wash.
After you decide what kind of owner you are, the next step is to download the Avail app to your phone. Once the download is complete, you’ll need to create an account, upload a photo of your driver’s license, and answer some questions about your car. Your car should be a model year 2011 or newer, in good condition, and have fewer than 125,000 miles. Once you’re approved, you’re good to go.