Car Sharing vs. Car Rental
Traveling can be a lot more convenient when you have a car. You can get around your destination without relying on cabs, ride shares, or public transit. And until recently, traditional car rental may have been your only option for getting a car while visiting a new city.
Now, there’s an affordable alternative to traditional rental options. Using the Avail app to book a car share can get you a great ride while also saving you time, money, and hassle.
What is the Difference Between Car Sharing and Car Rental?
With car rentals, you work with a company that owns a fleet of cars. Car sharing — also known as peer-to-peer car sharing — is different. You use a car sharing app, then you reserve a car that’s owned by a real person who lives in the area you’re visiting.
Is Car sharing Better than Renting a Car?
Is sharing a car better than renting one? Everyone has their own needs and preferences but sharing a car does have several advantages over renting.
- Renting a car often requires booking in advance. Not with Avail. You can easily book a car in just a few minutes.
- Car rental companies can place significant restrictions on who can rent a car. Many car sharing companies rent to drivers 18+ and have no under-25 fees!
- No more lines. Car sharing eliminates waiting because your car is ready as soon as you land.
- Say goodbye to security deposits and unexpected charges. With Avail, you get honest pricing and pay upfront at the time of booking.
- Flight come in late? You might be out of luck renting that car. Car sharing ensures you can pick up your vehicle anytime.
Is it cheaper to use a car sharing service?
Working with a car sharing company can definitely save you money. Here's why:
- Avail offers honest and upfront pricing at the same time of booking, so you can easily plan your travel budget.
- Car sharing is more flexible about last-minute bookings, keeping costs down.
- Under 25? You don’t have to worry about “young driver” fees when booking with Avail!
- With Avail, there are no holds on credit and debit cards, which eat into your travel budget.
What is Avail Car Sharing?
Avail is a car sharing service that offers advantages that you won’t find at traditional car rental companies. We connect car owners with drivers looking to borrow a car through our mobile app and website. Car owners get paid for lending their vehicles, while borrowers get a reliable and affordable ride whenever they want.
Car owners drop their cars off at Avail’s secure lot for a professional cleaning — inside and out. Then, you can borrow their car and hit the road ASAP. No lines. No hassle.
Avail is committed to honest pricing,which means that you’ll be given an itemized list of costs when you book. Whenever charge extra fees to our 18-24 drivers, no security deposits are required, and your trip includes Allstate insurance coverage and 24/7 roadside assistance.
Where can I use Avail Car Sharing Service?
Right now, Avail operates at airports in the following cities:
- Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International (ATL)
- Austin-Bergstrom International (AUS)
- Baltimore Washington International (BWI)
- Chicago Midway International (MDW)
- Chicago O'Hare International (ORD)
- Dallas Love Field (DAL)
- Denver International (DIA)
- George Bush Intercontinental (IAH)
- Los Angeles International (LAX)
- Miami International (MIA)
- Nashville International (BNA)
- Philadelphia International (PHL)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International (PHX)
- Salt Lake City International (SLC)
If you’ll be flying into any of these airports sometime soon, check out our website and learn how Avail works!