The sharing economy puts power back in the hands of everyday people. You can earn extra income, such as renting out rooms in your home or driving others around town, without having to invest significant time or money.
Car sharing is another great way to earn extra cash on the side. If you own a car and wonder whether car sharing is a good option for you, read on.
5 Reasons to Rent Out Your Car
- Earn passive income. When you rent out your car, you get to make money from something you already own. Plus, you can be doing something else — working, vacationing, sleeping — while you earn.
- Your car pays for itself. Let’s face it: While cars are often a necessity, they aren’t cheap. Renting out your car can reduce the costs of car ownership over time, making the purchase of a new vehicle more worthwhile.
- Lower your travel costs. If you plan to be out of town, you can drive your car to an airport parking lot, take a shuttle to the airport, and catch your flight. Your car is securely parked — free of charge. Plus, you get a professional car wash for free! When you get back in town, your clean car and some extra spending money will be waiting for you.
- Feel better about your car’s safety. If you travel a lot, leaving your car in an unattended garage or apartment parking lot for a long time can be nerve-wracking. With car sharing, you’ll know that someone is looking after your car while you’re gone.
- Help real people like you. Car sharing companies like Avail offer clean, safe vehicles at affordable, transparent rates. Unlike conventional car rental companies, car sharing services offer straightforward pricing without hidden fees. When you rent your car out through a peer-to-peer car sharing service, you help others get a square deal on a car rental.
Common Questions About Car Sharing
Your car is a major part of your lifestyle, so you might have some concerns about letting other people drive your car. Here’s what you need to know about how car sharing works:
How To Share Your Car With Avail
Get started with these simple steps:
- Make sure that your car meets Avail’s standards. Cars must be in good condition with no mechanical issues or interior/exterior damage. The car must be a 2014 or newer model and can’t have more than 125,000 miles on the odometer.
- Download the Avail app. Scan and upload your current driver’s license, and answer a few questions.
Share Longer, Earn More
Have an extra car? Traveling overseas? Sign up for Avail and earn guaranteed monthly income. We handle the sharing logistics, customer service, and help you coordinate routine maintenance remotely.
That’s it! You’ll be able to schedule your car’s availability and start earning money. List your car with Avail today.